Christian: We are a Christ-Centered community of faith with all believers in proclaiming the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Holiness: Jesus came to renew God’s image in us, enabling us to become holy people. This renewal begins with conversion, progresses to a definite experience of entire sanctification, and continues throughout our maturing Christian life.
Missional: As a Christian, holiness people, we embrace the mission of God in the world. Our mission begins in worship, ministers to the world in evangelism and compassion, and encourages believers toward Christian maturity through discipleship. Furthermore, our mission includes the preparation of women and men for Christian service through Christian higher education.
The Church, The Body of Christ
The General Church: The Church of God is composed of all spiritually regenerate persons, whose names are written in heaven.
The Churches Severally: The churches severally are to be composed of such regenerate persons as by providential permission, and by the leadings of the Holy Spirit, become associated together for holy fellowship and ministries.
The Church of the Nazarene: The Church of the Nazarene is composed of those persons who have voluntarily associated themselves together according to the doctrines and polity of said church, and who seek holy Christian fellowship, the conversion of sinners, the entire sanctification of believers, their upbuilding in holiness, and the simplicity and spiritual power manifest in the primitive New Testament Church, together with the preaching o the gospel to every creature.
Agreed Statement of Belief
- Recognizing that the right and privelege of persons to come to church membership rest upon the fact of their being regenerate, we would require only such avowals of belief as are essential to Christian experience. We, therefore, deem belief in the following brief statements to be sufficient. We believe:
- In one God – the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- That man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- That the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- That the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the domain of sin.
- That the believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- That our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.